This page is to feature all the Polaris GPUs I have worked on.
What is there to like about repairing Polaris cards?
- Well trodden ground i.e. well analysed by repairers, like this excellent guide https://repair.wiki/w/AMD_Polaris_GPU_Diagnosing_Guide
- they are very popular, lots on the market.
- Still quite fun for HD gaming
- As AMD/Radeon cards go, most Polaris cards can use tserver to narrow their very common memory issues
What is there not to like about repairing Polaris cards?
- BGA issues – Due to their often generous memory (8Gb) and reasonable price point, they have often been a popular choice for miners. As such, they can suffer from thrashed memory and worse, memory controllers, making some unfixable for many people.
- SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 570 4GB (still under analysis)
- XFX RX 570 4Gb Black Edition (suspected BIOS issues)
- ASUS Strix RX 570 (suspected Vram issue / error 43)
- XFX RX580 8Gb
- XFX RX 580 GTS XXX 4GB
- SAPPHIRE RX 580 4Gb
- GIGABYTE AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
- 2 x ASUS Strix RX 580 8Gb
- XFX RX 590 8Gb Fat Boy
- XFX RX 590 Fat Boy