Seller Note “Only HDMI port works, 3D mark runs but sometimes crashes before showing results. FurMark & unigene heaven run okay but there seems to be some stability issues. Screws missing and dusty/potential signs of liquid damage.”
- Has warranty seal still, one VRM screw missing
- Tserver passed (no errors)
- The first time Furmark was run it crashed
- Possible heat problems, Furmark didn’t crash the second time, but it’s temperature got to 78 deg C and the fans ran at nearly 100%! Since the warranty sticker is intact, probably the thermal paste and possibly pads need changing.
- VCore -0.6
- Vmem – 49.6
- VDCI – 21.3
- Display Rail – 18.3
- 1.8V – 3.9K
- 5V – 818
- 3.3V – 2.2K
- 12V – 2K++
- strip down, measure and clean, inspect thermal pads
- Find replacement screws
- Check performance, thermals and VRM efficiency
Opened, and the thermal paste is dry as a bone as expected! Pads look mostly fine, although I can see very little imprint on the VRM thermal pads, perhaps due to a lack of pressure due to a missing screw? Strangely, I have 3 XFX RX580 8Gbs all with missing VRM screws and all with questionable VRM efficiency.
OK, have bought some more screws, think those ones are 2mm x 6mm. I have re-pasted and replaced one thermal pad (on the A0 chip, which often fails).
- Sunautica below zero
- Running 75 deg C, 56% fan, better
- Graphs looking pretty clean under 100% load: VDDC 1.15V (steady), VRM Efficiency ~84-87%
- Furmark HD Benchmark
- Hmm.. this seems to be the one to focus on, the card passes, but with too high fan speed I would say: 77 deg, fan 85%, which is better but not good enough
- The fans are a little noisy during use and when spinning down, so maybe the bearings are going?
- 3D Time Spy
- Did well here, scored ‘Excellent’
- The thermals looked good (~65, 58% fan), VRM efficiency touched 90% at times, some fan noise/vibration though
- Heaven HD Ultra settings
- Looked good, 74 deg C, fan @ 50%
- VRM efficiency ~80-85% seems a little low?
- Good FPS 60+, smooth
- Some vibration noise noticed.