Somewhere to get my thoughts, aims and experiences down.
- Combat: Dangerous
- Trade: Elite
- Explorer: Ranger
- Empire: Duke
- Federation: Petty Officer
- Alliance: Friendly
- Powerplay: Denton Patreus
- Elite Dangerous Mining Guide
- Mining pristine rings in an unpopulated anarchy
- 5500Lyr Passenger Site Seeing Mission
- Bounty Hunting
- Mining – See My Mining Guide
My notes and reviews of ships I own (or have owned). In order of acquisition:
- Sidewinder – I didn’t really keep this ship any longer than I had to to get the Viper, seems a shame looking back.
- Viper MKIII – Lovely fighter, but didn’t own it that long, wish I’d kept it, might buy another for speedy work.
- Viper MKIV – Love this ship! Despite what people say about its lack of agility, its a great ‘tanky’ ship once you get to know it, was used mainly for bounty hunting in High RES sites. Still own it for old times sake.
- Hauler – This thing is cute! The cheapest way to a long jump, great little explorer/probe! Still have it as a taxi.
- Cobra MKIII – The first affordable great all-rounder. Lovely speed, opens up many play-styles and occupations.
- Type-6 – One of my best investments, good to enjoy life without lasers sometimes. Flexible money maker. With 4A thrusters, It’s high boost (400+) gets you away from most trouble!
- Vulture – Love it! Great agility, shields and firepower. Power management trade-offs and a seemingly vulnerable canopy are the downsides.
- Asp Explorer – Once you have the money to fully equip it, I would say it can do the work of the Cobra, Type-6 and DBX. A complete all-rounder.
- Type-7 – I’m actually really enjoying trading in it and making money! It’s not as bad as people say, you’ve just got to know it’s limitations, then its a good ship..
- Dolphin – bought it for the looks and option for luxury passenger cabins, but my Asp Explorer seems to be doing all my passenger work due to the superior jump and all round ability.
- Imperial Clipper – only just bought it. So far I’m very impressed with speed and looks. Want to use it for undermining / NPC piracy, hoping the extra speed will give me an edge.
- Fer de Lance – Have on just bought it, but have always wanted one. Think this is my favourite looking ship. Want to use it with fixed weapons to improve my skill and basically have a change. Seeming like the weekend / 2-seat sports car of my fleet so far. Jump and slots are limited, so only really a combat specialist ship, but a great one!
- Python – Really, really nice ship, glad I spent the cash. Great for trading, mining and bounty hunting, probably piracy too! If I had to own only one ship it might this one due to its all-round ability.
- Type-9 – Was initially bought as a stepping stone to the Anaconda, but I have since repurchased for trading, as for the money it has truly excellent cargo capacity. Its easy to be put off by the look, slowness and handling of this ship, an write it off as a necessary evil or stepping stone. However, with a few tweaks (recomend top end engineered FSD and 5A powerplant helps poor heat management), I actually enjoyed a kind of authentic ‘space trucker’ atmosphere! For ‘bulk’ mining and trading this ship justifies its niche well.
- Anaconda – Just got it, mostly engineered, really like it. As a Python lover, this truly seems like a deluxe version so far…