Graphics card repair. This area is just to collect my thoughts and for the personal development of my electronics skills. I buy and fix graphics cards as a hobby and for my own personal amusement and learning, I am not a professional repairer. I do sometimes sell the fixed and tested cards, but only if I am confident that the fix will last. If you find any of the content useful or need more information on any of the cards I have, please comment and I can maybe reply with readings etc, thanks!
Apologies in advance if any of the content wastes your time through incompleteness!
- I am very much a learner, not an expert – it takes me time to learn. I often stop work, think, read, order parts and update later. This blog helps me park thoughts between breaks.
- A lot of the content is started but not finished (yet) – I wish I had more time to complete things, but this comes after a demanding job, family, pets etc
Disclaimer – Also, I hope it is clearly understood that if you choose to follow or repeat any of the actions or procedures on your own devices, then please do so at your own risk. Many of the repairs or repair attempts could result in damage to your own equipment and/or personal injury.
Cards by Type
Please see this area for the main graphics card repair categories
- GTX 750-760-770-780 Series GPU Graphics Card Repair (GTX 710, GTX 730, GTX 750 TI, GTX 760 TI, GTX 770, GTX 780, GTX 780 TI)
- GTX 960-970-980 Graphics Card Repair (GTX 970, GTX980, GTX 980 TI)
- GTX 10 Series GPU Graphics Card Repair (GTX 1030, GTX 1050, GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1070 TI, GTX 1080, GTX 1080 TI, TITAN)
- Turing GPU Series Graphics Card Repair (GTX 1650, GTX 1660, GTX2070)
- RX 570-580-590 Polaris GPU Graphics Card Repair (RX 460, RX 470, RX 480, RX 570, RX 580, RX 590)
- Navi GPU Series Repair (RX 5500, RX5600, RX5700)
- Nvidia Quadro GPU Graphics Card Repair (K2000, K4000)
- Miscellaneous Graphics Card Repair (Mostly older cards like the Radeon R9 series)
Graphics card Parts Inventory
- Graphics Card Parts Inventory (my memory chips, chips and components in stock)
- Scrap Graphics Cards (donor cards)
Repair Guides and Procedures
- Graphics Card Vram Chip Replacement Procedure
- Graphics Card GPU Health Checks (Under development)
- Graphics Card PCB Repair (Under development)
- Graphics Card Repair VRM Shorts and Issues (Under development)
- Graphics Card I2C Work Required (planned)
- TODO Add tools page