Seller Note “Doesn’t work”
- Card powers on, can reach windows, but heavily artefacting.
- Completely failed a mats memory test.
- Uncertain if the BIOS is the correct one, this is a problem for these fakes and people sometimes try to fix reflash them, but it can be hard to find the right one.
- Need to research BIOS otions incase the artefacting is due to bad settings rather than an actual vram or gpu memory controller issue.
- If this doesn’t work, it might be possible to replace the vram and/or gpu, but this is for practice only since these fakes are fairly worthless on the market.
The GPU markings are a bit stratched (typical of fakes), but fairly sure it reads: GF106-250-KC-A1
Which is a variant sometimes found in GTS 450 and similar (again very typical of fakes).
The memory is Samsung K4G20325FD-FC03
This indicates 2G of GDDR5, which is more than my other fake that turned out to be a GTS 450 1G (see here for datasheet https://datasheet.ciiva.com/26785/k4g20325fd-fc04-26785648.pdf)
Seems failry cheap and easy to get hold of.
This might not be a GTS 450, I cannot find anything on Techpowerup matching this combination, but it is a fake of course.
I need to take a closer look at the BIOS on the card in case there are any clues…