Seller Note “Powers on and displays but there are artifacts on the screen so being sold as spares or repair. missing some screws as seen in the photos.”
- Visual inspection seems like this board, although a nice sturdy unit, has a few scratches, the backplate is indeed loose and it’s a bit dirty.
- Resistances seem OK: Vcore 1.7, Vmem 71.7
- HDMI port quite loose, signs of corrosion around back plate.
- On test, both fans spin, but blank screen – not artefacts as described.
- Luckily card was cheap, it is in quite rough condition.
- Next steps would be to take apart and check voltages.
- Crashes windows if used as a secondary card.
- Had broken thermal pads on memory and VRM (!Remember to replace if fixed!)
- There is a fuse F1800 3.3v and 5v
- Can only find 3.3v, 5v and 12v – no minor rails.
Pre Checks / Multimeter Only
|Test / Checks||Result||Notes|
|1. Visual Inspection Eye / Magnifying Glass|
|2. Visual Inspection Microscope|
|3. Check for shorts on 12v PCI, 12v PCI-E, 3.3v|
|4a. Resistance VCore (~0.5)||Ω|
|4b. Resistance VMem (~60Ω)||Ω|
|4c. Resistance 3.3v Rail (~960Ω+)|
|4d. Resistance 5v Rail (~5KΩ)|
|4e. Resistance 1v PEX Rail (~123Ω+)|
|4f. Resistance 12v BUS (14.7kΩ )|
|4g. Resistance 1.8v Rail||Ω|
Power On / Test Rig Checks
|Tests / Checks||Result||Notes|
|1. Observations (e.g. PCB heat noticed, |
blank screen, power light on monitor,
bios screen, o/s loaded, artefacts, )
|GPU cold, no minor rails.|
|2. Voltage VCore (~0.88v)||0v|
|3. Voltage VMem (~1.4v)||0v|
|4. Voltage PEX Rail (~1v)||–|
|5. Voltage 3.3 BUS||3.3v|
|6. Voltage 12 Ext||12v|
|6. Voltage 5v Rail||5v||Back of card,|
|7. Voltage 1.8v Rail||–||–|
- F400 (back, near PCI EXPRESS) –
- F1800 (back, near crossfire connecers) –
APW7165C Buck Controller:
- U701 (back) – Pin 1 BOOT, 5 VCC, 7 COMP
- U702 (front left, middle) – Pin 1 BOOT, 5 VCC, 7 COMP
- U901 (front left, top) – Pin 1 BOOT, 5 VCC, 7 COMP
U4059 (front, left middle) APL5930 LDR http://images.100y.com.tw/pdf_file/38-ANPEC-APL5930.pdf – Pins:
- 3,4 VOUT
- 5 VIN
- 6 VCTRL
- 7 POK
- 8 EN
U16 uP1608PK Multi-Phase Synchronous-Rectified Buck Controller (right, drives Vcore VRM)
Q801 PD1503YVS Dual N-Channel Enhancement MOSFET (back, near R47 inductor)