Seller Note: “seller note: Was working until I changed my power supply, now fan spins for few seconds then stops, no output. I tried with old power supply but still the same”
- Excellent general condition / clean
- Sounded like a possible short.
- After testing resistances, nothing abnormal was spotted.
- Power on testing, shows a working card!
- The fan is temperature dependent, I would say it could do with cutting in sooner (need to test more extensively)
- Runs a little hot, hopefully new thermal paste is all thats needed before more benchmarking.
- Need to improve thermals before I would be happy to sell this card.
Since card is working (pending more stress tests), there isn’t a great deal to report.
TODO Complete/correct this section anyway in case of similar cards in future and maybe help others.
Pre Checks / Multimeter Only
|Test / Checks||Result||Notes|
|1. Visual Inspection Eye / Magnifying Glass||OK||Appears very clean, no damaged components, very good condition like new.|
|2. Visual Inspection Microscope||–|
|3. Check for shorts on 12v PCI, 12v PCI-E, 3.3v||OK||Couldn’t find any obvious shorts.|
|4a. Resistance VCore (~0.5 or very low)|
|4b. Resistance VMem (~30-60Ω)||60 Ω|
|4c. Resistance 1.8v Rail (~800Ω+)||Cannot Locate|
|4d. Resistance 5v Rail (~5KΩ)||Cannot Locate|
|4e. Resistance PEX Rail (~50Ω+)||Cannot Locate|
Power On / Test Rig Checks
|Tests / Checks||Result||Notes|
|1. Observations (e.g. PCB heat noticed, |
blank screen, power light on monitor,
bios screen, o/s loaded, artefacts, )
|Works! Detected correctly, |
runs a little hot (~80 deg under stress, ~57 deg idle)
|2. Voltage VCore (~0.7v)||0.86v|
|3. Voltage VMem (~1.4v)||1.4v|
|4. Voltage PEX Rail (~1v)||–|
|5. Voltage 3.3 BUS||~3.3v|
|6. Voltage 12 Ext||12v|
|6. Voltage 5v Rail||–|
|7. Voltage 1.8v Rail||–|